Kasturba Gandhi College for Women was established in the year 1973 jointly by the Osmania Graduates’ Association (OGA) and Exhibition Society. The OGA established in 1932, provides the vision and direction, the Exhibition Society established in 1938 (www.exhibitionsociety.com) provides the necessary funding for buildings and infrastructures. The Exhibition Society generates funds by conducting the All India Industrial Exhibition popularly known as the “NUMAISH”, every year. The State Government provides a partial “Grant-in-Aid” in the form of Lecturers and Staff.
In the beginning, both the Graduation and the Intermediate sections of the college were under the one Principal and Management. Later for administrative convenience the Intermediate section was separated and named as Kasturba Gandhi Junior College for Women and the Degree & PG college was named Kasturba Gandhi Degree & PG College for Women. These institutions, together meet the ever growing demand for higher education combined with all round student development. The college has a modest provision for scholarships through donors and tuition fee waiver for disadvantaged students.
The college is managed by a Governing Body which is appointed jointly by the OGA and the Exhibition Society; Members of the Governing Body are successful individuals from all walks of life and are committed to devote their time, voluntarily for the cause of school and higher education.